We currently offer internships, job shadowing and externships for students at Cy-Fair Animal Hospital in Cypress and Houston Texas. This program is designed to allow students veterinary experience for technical certifications, life experience, school credit and/or admissions into higher education.
Admission & Selection Requirements
The criteria for selection and admission into the program is as follows:
- Must be a minimum age of 14 years old
- Have a strong interest in being a veterinarian or in the veterinary field and a love for animal science
- Excellent work ethic
- A letter of recommendation/ personal character reference from a teacher at your school
- 3 recommendation references from non-family/close friends
- 500 word essay as to why you should be consider for the program
- Video conference (up to 3 total) with student and parents (when parent is required)
- A short video of the student working with animals; no more than 10 minutes. Cell phone footage is appropriate.
Following the interview process, students will be selected and approved for the program within 30 days.
Item needed for internship: Gray scrubs, active shoes, a note book and pens, a great attitude, and a list of personal goals to be completed upon completing the program.
Start with Your Application Here
You can fill out the form below to express interest in the program and one of our program coordinators will be in touch to guide you through the rest of admission and selection process.